Here's the truth – your business could function without a Charge Card. Just like it could function without the Internet, a mobile or even a computer. But some things just make business work better.
Bonus Points to help get you started – that's enough for 4 return flights from Sydney to Melbourne4.
New American Express Card Members who apply for the Platinum Business Card before 3 October 2016, are approved and spend $1,000 in the first 2 months of Card Membership will receive 100,000 Membership Rewards points5.
The Platinum Business Card annual fee is $1,500. The annual Card fee may be tax deductible when used solely for business purposes.
American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 1 September 2016 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
1. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
2. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
3. You will earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points for every $1 spent at: tens of thousands of restaurants in Australia; airlines and accommodation; key national and regional advertising media channels; preferred national and local courier and freight distributors; select computer equipment and supply specialists excluding department stores and general computer suppliers; and spend in foreign currency, overseas or online. You will earn up to a threshold of 375,000 points on the 2 point merchants, reverting thereafter to 1 point per $1 spent except for the 0.5 categories. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program of which you are actively enrolled in. Spending at restaurants, airlines and accommodation will only be eligible for increased Membership Rewards points where they are categorised as such in the American Express Merchant Acceptance system. For example, dining within a retail department store, hotels, pubs and liquor outlets may not be eligible to receive the additional points for restaurants. Spend on airlines or accommodation is eligible for the additional points when paid directly to the merchant or through a travel agent. Membership Rewards points are awarded on the $AU equivalent amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend in foreign currency, purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. You will earn 0.5 Membership Rewards point per $1 spent at participating merchants classified as; "utilities" including gas, water and electricity providers; "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies; and "insurance" excluding insurances offered by American Express. Purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. There is no expiry date for points earned while in the program so long as you are an American Express Card Member enrolled in Membership Rewards, and your account is kept in good standing and is not overdue.
4. The flight values are valid as of 15 August 2016 and are based on a Virgin Australia domestic return flight from Sydney to Melbourne on an eligible route departing and returning in the period 10 October 2016 to 17 October 2016. These values are for an Economy Reward Flight and include GST and fees. Based on an average cost per return flight of $230/22,200 Velocity Points. Fares may vary depending on flight dates, availability and times.
5. Offer only available to new American Express Platinum Business Card Members who apply by 3 October 2016, are approved and spend $1,000 in the first 2 months of Card Membership. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product offered by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 12 month period are ineligible for this offer. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the $1,000 spend total has been reached for the 100,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points to be awarded to the Card account. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au